A commitment to sustainabilty
Dezignatek is working hard to meet the needs of our environmentally-conscious customers while creating processes in our manufacturing that are mindful of the environment for future generations. Our newly appointed Sustainability Manager is working proactively to improve Dezigntek's environmental performance. Our key initiatives include:-
- Having Environmental Choice NZ accreditation on our solid colours in the thermoform range.
- Having Environmental Choice NZ accreditation for all our pressed panel range - melamine, veneer, acrylic and high-pressure laminate.
- Supplying low-formaldehyde board - all our NZ supplied standard HDF, MDF and MR MDF is rated EO.
- Reducing manufacturing waste and also finding new ways to re-use and recycle any that is generated.
- Finding new ways to reduce energy consumption.
Our purpose-built plant in East Tamaki (with Greenstar *4 accreditation) opened in January 2017 and features a number of initiatives that have significantly improved our environmental footprint.